I am a licensed Clinical Psychologist in New York state who works with individuals and couples. I specialize in helping people with anxiety, depression, chronic stress, PTSD and complex trauma, relationship issues, and medical concerns including chronic illness. Through my fellowship training, I created a therapeutic approach that helps women and couples navigate pregnancy loss and miscarriage. As I continue my training in Reproductive Mental Health, I also treat concerns related to infertility, postpartum depression, and more.
I’m committed to the belief that learning is lifelong, and I use research to bolster my clinical care; my research experience includes heart rate variability biofeedback (HRVB) and motivational interviewing (MI). I am passionate about working with diverse groups, including people of color (BIPOC). I explore culture and diversity with intentionality and thoughtfulness, while exploring the nuances of how your identities, visible and hidden, impact you and your understanding of others in your lives.
Through my approach, you will be able to:
- Work through current stressors and become attuned to your present needs
- Reflect on past experiences and develop insight into how they have influenced you
- Explore how societal and familial expectations may play a role in your life
- Receive tangible skills to utilize in your day-to-day and facilitate relaxation
- Work towards leading a goals-oriented and values-centric lifestyle
- Develop an integrated sense of self
My wish is for you to develop a deep awareness and compassion for yourself, live deliberately, foster self-reliance, and find a true sense of peace and happiness. If you’d like to learn more about what it might look like for us to work together, you can book a complimentary phone consultation with me.
I also offer therapy in Punjabi.